United States Grants and Loans
What support is available?
An American national or permanent resident can apply for a loan if you have accepted an offer of a place at The University of Buckingham. We are an eligible Federal Loan institution and our school code is G30127
Federal student loans
The University of Buckingham participates in the following loan programmes.
- Direct Plus
- Direct Plus Graduate
Further information regarding loan limits, repayments and interest rates are available by visiting Federal Student Aid website.
How can I apply?
All students should apply for the Direct Loan before any other funds as it is the most beneficial loan available to students. You would need to complete this process on an annual basis, should you wish further loans.
- Students need to complete a financial aid form through the FAFSA website to generate the essential Student Aid Report.
- Complete the Entrance Counselling at on the Federal Student Aid website.
- Complete an MPN on the Federal Student Aid website. An MPN will need to be completed for each type of loan and each academic year.
- Determine how much you need to borrow. The Cost of Attendance includes tuition fees and living cost and is set by the institution.
- Contact the Fees Office to advise us that these steps have been completed and that you wish to apply for the loan: email@example.com
When will the funds be disbursed?
The Institution will request that the Direct and Direct Plus Loans are disbursed in at least 2 instalments, in accordance with US laws. The first disbursements of any Direct or Direct Plus Loans will be requested once you have enrolled for the start of relevant academic year. The subsequent instalment of loans would be available at the start of the subsequent term or semester.
Please contact the Fees Office for further information: email: firstname.lastname@example.org; tel: +44 (0)1280 820250.