Information for Teachers and Careers Advisers
The University of Buckingham is an excellent choice for your students.
As the UK’s only Independent University with a Royal Charter, Buckingham has all the features and quality assurance of an established UK University (founded in 1976, Royal Charter in 1983) with key advantages focused on teaching excellence and academic independence.
- Buckingham offers a tutorial system with, student-centred teaching and smaller class sizes (8-20 compared to 100+ at most UK Universities). Most Buckingham degrees are 2 years in length – 4 terms a year rather than 3 with shorter holidays and more contact time. Buckingham was awarded The Times / Sunday Times University of the Year for Teaching Quality in 2016.
- Buckingham is ranked 1st in the UK for teaching quality and top 5 for both student experience and staff/student ratios, The Times / Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
- Buckingham offers a first year accommodation guarantee scheme and self-contained facilities on a beautiful riverside campus in Buckingham, a bustling market town 10 miles from Milton Keynes, 25 Miles from Oxford and under one hour from London. Sir Anthony Seldon became Vice-Chancellor in September 2015 after a highly successful career in School leadership and as a political historian
- As well as 2-year degrees and 1-year Masters programmes, Buckingham’s Medical (MB ChB) degree is a 4.5 year programme with excellent links with local hospitals and trusts. Buckingham also has a thriving School of Education with PGCE, QTS and Educational Leadership programmes for teachers and other education professionals.
- Applications to Buckingham can be made direct or via UCAS.
The Student Recruitment Team at Buckingham supports UK and overseas Schools / Colleges with their HE Guidance including attendance at HE / Careers Fairs, HE Talks, Masterclasses, Student Conferences and resources for Teachers, Counsellors and Advisers.
Open Days and other events
We also offer guided walking tours of our university campus at 14:00 daily during University term-time (excluding weekends), when students are given the opportunity to meet with an Admissions Tutor or member of academic staff from their chosen subject area. Find out more >>
|13 June 2018 - 14 June 2018||Festival of Higher Education 2018|
Please get in touch Livia Douse as follows:
Tel: +44 (0)1280 820107