English Language Requirements
The UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) has rules about the level of English needed before they will issue a visa to study in the UK. It is also very important that your English level is of a good standard for you to be successful in your studies. All applicants must achieve the minimum requirements in all 4 components (listening, reading, speaking and writing). The University of Buckingham has higher requirements than the minimum specified for a degree level course in the UK (Common European Framework, grade B2). Please check the undergraduate or postgraduate language requirements for more details.
A copy of your English language qualification certificate should be included with your application.
- Undergraduate language requirements
- Postgraduate language requirements
- Buckingham English Language Test (BELT) FAQs
- Applying for a UK visa: approved English language tests which includes a list of approved tests and providers
- Exceptions to the English language requirement