Frequently Asked Questions
- When will I get my keys and be able to move in?
- What is provided in my room?
- What should I bring?
- Do you have family accommodation?
- Can I have a pet in my room?
- What do I do about meals?
- What facilities are there for washing my clothes?
- What are the cleaning arrangements?
- Can I have a television in my room?
When you arrive on Registration Day you will meet the Accommodation staff as part of the Registration process and will receive your keys then. There will be staff available to take you to your accommodation and to help you into your room with your luggage.
It is not possible to move into your accommodation prior to Registration Day.
- Single bed and a set of bedding
- Desk, desk light, desk chair
- University provided Internet access
- Mini-cool (not in Bishops & Mitre)
- Vanity unit & washbasin (not in Bishops & Mitre, Hutber or 17 Hunter Street)
- Easy chair (not in Beloff or Harris)
- Extra set of bedding
- Cutlery, crockery, pans
See Shopping & other services for information on where you can buy these items locally.
Nortons Place is suitable for married couples but please check availability first as there are only 8 cottages. Unfortunately children are not allowed to stay on campus.
Pets are not allowed in student rooms.
All student accommodation is self-catering. There are kitchens in all of the Residences. You will be shown where the local food shops are when you arrive here. Alternatively there is a refectory in the Tanlaw Mill where you can buy meals. Buckingham Town has lots of places where you can go out for meals and there are lots of different take-aways.
There are two launderettes on the Hunter Street campus and one in the Franciscan Building on the Verney Park campus.
The kitchens, bathrooms, showers and toilets and all communal areas are cleaned by the Housekeeping staff who work Monday – Friday with the exception of Bank Holidays. You will be responsible for cleaning your own room and for tidying up after yourself in the communal areas.
Yes but you must buy a TV licence. These currently cost £145.50 per year.