United States Loans

What support is available?

An American national or permanent resident in the US, can apply for Federal student Aid (FSA) if you have accepted an offer of a place at The University of Buckingham. We are an eligible Federal Loan institution and our school code is G30127.. Please note that US Federal Student Aid is not available for Medicine or Cert HE courses. There are further options via the SallieMae website.

Federal student loans

The University of Buckingham participates in the following loan programmes.

  • Direct
  • Direct Plus
  • Direct Plus Graduate.

Further information regarding loan limits, repayments and interest rates are available by visiting Federal Student Aid website.

How can I apply?

All students should apply for the Direct Loan as quickly as possible and send Student Fees a copy of the SAR that is emailed to them, at the end of the application . You would need to complete this process on an annual basis, should you require further loans.

  • Students need to complete a financial aid form through the FAFSA website to generate the essential Student Aid Report.
  • Complete the Entrance Counselling at on the Federal Student Aid website.
  • Complete an MPN on the Federal Student Aid website. An MPN will need to be completed for each type of loan and each academic year. This is your agreement to repay.
  • Determine how much you need to borrow. The Cost of Attendance includes tuition fees and living cost and is set by the institution. We will send you this via your student offer letter and you can see the general cost of living indications on our website.
  • You will still need to pay your bond and 1st term fees deposit.
  • Contact the Fees Office to advise us that these steps have been completed and that you wish to apply for the loan: studentfees@buckingham.ac.uk

When will the funds be disbursed?

The University of Buckingham will request that the Loans are disbursed in at least 2 instalments, in accordance with Federal Loan regulations. The first disbursements of any Loans will be requested once you have enrolled for the start of relevant academic year. This is when you have paid your deposit and arrived on site. The subsequent instalment of loans will be forwarded to you in equal payments ( should you have requested living assistance ) in quarterly terms or semesters.

Please contact the Fees Office for further information: email: studentfees@buckingham.ac.uk; tel: +44 (0)1280 820250.