We’re excited to welcome you to Buckingham! To experience student life to the full, why not look at our live on campus student accommodation for your first year?
We can guarantee you on-campus accommodation for your first year.
We have a wide variety of rooms to choose from and our accommodation is covered by the UUK Student Accommodation Code of Practice.
If you are a new student we highly recommend choosing our on campus student accommodation on Hunter Street. We believe by doing so, it will enable you to make lifelong friends straight away and feel at home, right from the beginning, in the heart of our student community.
For our mature and Postgraduate students and for those of you who appreciate a quieter way of life, then our Moreton Road campus is the ideal place for you. Our modern houses and flats will provide you with a comfortable home in which you’ll be able to both study and chill.
It is entirely up to you where you choose to live and we will always respect the room choices that you ask for.
Take a good look at what we have to offer you. There are some 360 degree photographs that you will find very handy.
Don’t forget to read our terms and conditions – this is very important.
On campus student accommodation Services & Facilities – What is included?
- Wi-fi, heating, lighting & water. (In accordance with the University’s environmental policy, the heating is switched off during the Summer months of May to September.)
- Contents insurance with Endsleigh, the UK’s no. 1 student insurance provider.
- Daily cleaning of communal areas – kitchens, bathrooms, hallways (Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays). Students are responsible for cleaning their own rooms and ensuites. Most rooms contain small vacuum cleaners.
- Laundrettes are available on the Hunter Street campus within Hailsham House and on the Verney Park campus within the Franciscan building. These are card operated. All properties on the Moreton Road campus have their own washing machines.
- The majority of bedrooms are furnished with the following – bed, mattress, curtains, desk, desk chair, desk light, shelves, wardrobe, vanity unit, mini-cool. Ensuite rooms contain a shower, wash basin and WC.
- Our kitchens are fully fitted with cookers, microwaves, freezers, kettles and toasters. You will be allocated a drawer in a freezer if you stay in Halls.
- You need to bring your own bedding and kitchen utensils, for example, pans, crockery and cutlery. Your university essentials can be ordered on line and can be delivered to your room prior to your arrival. The University of Buckingham is in partnership with UniKitOut and can offer you a 10% discount.
- 24 hour Security. We are the second safest campus in the country.
- On site Maintenance team to deal with any maintenance issues that may arise with your accommodation.
- Free mini bus service during term time that goes from campus to campus.
The Hunter Street campus is located on a beautiful site, at the heart of the University, and is the ideal place to live if you are a new student wanting to make the most of the student experience. This is where it is all happening! The Tanlaw Mill is not only home to the Students Union, the bar and the gym, but it is where you go for your breakfast, lunch and dinner, all at a reasonable price. There is also a café in our thriving new Vinson Building. Grab a drink and snack and chill on the comfy seating with your friends. Hunter Street offers plenty of free car parking and a large bicycle storage rack. There is a laundrette situated in Hailsham House, accessible to all students. The town centre is less than a 10 minute walk away and contains a good mix of shops. The following departments are located on Hunter Street – Accounting, Business, Economics, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, Languages, History, Life Sciences, Politics, International Studies and Medicine.
Accommodation for couples
Self-contained & Standard rooms
Ensuite & Standard rooms
Ensuite & Standard rooms
Our newest campus is located on a residential housing estate, just off the Moreton Road in Buckingham. The University bought a block of flats and several houses when the estate was being built. This accommodation would suit more mature students, Post Graduates, or those of you who appreciate the quieter things in life. It is a little bit further away – a 15 minute walk to the town centre, a 25 minute walk to the Hunter Street campus. However the properties are very nice and have a modern feeling about them. The kitchens all have washing machines and there are clothes lines in the gardens. Car parking is on the side of the road; bicycles can be kept in the gardens.
The Verney Park campus is located in Buckingham, and it will take you about 10 minutes to walk to the Hunter Street campus. There is a Leisure Centre just across the road and large Tesco and Lidl supermarkets about a 5 minute walk away. Buckingham town centre, in the other direction, is a 10 minute walk away. There is plenty of free car parking and some storage for bicycles. There is a laundrette situated in the Franciscan building, accessible to all students. Although the University’s main facilities are located on Hunter Street there is a library and a café inside the Franciscan building. The following schools are based here – Applied Computing, Law and Psychology.