Hutber House is basic accommodation, located right in the middle of the Hunter Street Campus. It is designated quiet accommodation and, like all of our residences, is self-catering.
There are 20 single furnished rooms, which vary slightly in size.
Rooms 1 – 8
These rooms are reserved for females. There are two bathrooms located on the ground floor and one kitchen on the first floor.
9 – 16
These rooms are reserved for males. There are two bathrooms located on the ground floor and one kitchen on the first floor.
Rooms 17 – 20
These rooms are mixed gender rooms. The kitchen is located on the ground floor and the bathroom is located on the first floor.
2020 weekly rate – £115.58 per week (price inclusive of wi-fi and bills)
- All rooms have mini-cools and small vacuum cleaners. Please remember to bring your own bedding, to fit a single bed.
- Each resident has their own kitchen locker. The kitchens are fully equipped with a cooker, microwave, kettle and toaster. Students need to bring their own towels, pots, pans, crockery, knives and forks.
- The kitchens do not contain dining room tables and chairs
- The communal areas are cleaned daily, Monday – Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). To assist our cleaning staff you are asked to wash up after yourselves.
- Hutber House is located beside the road running through Hunter Street; this is not a busy road but there may occasionally be some traffic noise.
- There is a small car park beside Hutber House and Sunley House. Please note – all University staff and students can use this.
- The nearest laundrette is situated in Hailsham House.