Bursaries and Scholarships
The University does have a small number of bursaries for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students. There are also three categories of Scholarship that applicants to the Law School should be aware of.
This is a scholarship worth 25% of the LLB International fees. Those eligible are applicants:
- for LLB programmes;
- who have to pay International fees (principally non-EU students); and
- who already have a good first degree (such as a first class or upper second class degree, or what we would assess to be the equivalent such as GPA of 3.3 (B+) or higher based on a maximum GPA of 4 (A+) (depending on your university’s grading scale)).
Any applicant who satisfies the eligibility criteria will automatically be considered for an award of the scholarship. There is no need to make a separate application. Note however that this scholarship is a discretionary award rather than an automatic one. A scholarship can only be offered to applicants who are offered a place to study on one of the LLB programmes. Any such offer of a place to study will make clear if a scholarship is also being offered. Any awards are subject to abiding by the University’s rules and regulations. The University reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship if a student’s academic progress while at the University is considered by the University to be unsatisfactory.
At the 2017/18 fee levels, this scholarship would reduce the annual tuition fee from £17,160 to £12,870 (based on a September 2017 / January 2018 start). This scholarship is of particular interest to applicants from jurisdictions where law is usually a postgraduate subject, like Canada, the US, and India.
This is a scholarship worth £2,000 per annum. To be eligible, an applicant must fall into one of two categories:
- be a high achiever, with AAB at A-levels (or their equivalent) but excluding General Studies
- be resident in Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes, Bedfordshire, Oxfordshire, Hertfordshire or Northamptonshire
At the 2017/18 fee levels, this would reduce the annual tuition fee from £12,444 to £10,444 (based on a September 2017 / January 2018 start).
A student that does not fall into either category may still qualify for a bursary of £1,100 per annum. Find out more.
This is a scholarship worth 33% or 25% of the LLM fees. Those eligible are
- for 33%, those with a 1st class LLB from Buckingham
- for 25% those with a 2.1 LLB from Buckingham
At the 2017/18 International tution fee levels, this would reduce the total LLM tuition fee from £12,240 to £8,201 and £9,180 respectively. For 2017/18 Home tuition fees, this would reduce the total LLM tuition fee from £7,450 to £4,991.50 and £5,587.50 respectively. This scholarship is of particular interest to applicants looking to complete an LLB and an LLM in three years.
These are the minimum eligibility requirements and the University reserves the right not to award the scholarship or withdraw it, if a student’s performance is not, in the opinion of the University, satisfactory.
For more information, visit: University Discounts.