Dr Ihsan Lami has over 25 years experience in both industry and academia. He has been involved in the research, development and leadership of many successful chip designs for mobile phone and consumer applications. He has a profound knowledge of wireless technologies such as WCDMA/3G, WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS. His innovative outlook and focused approach has resulted in many creative products while working for Unisys, Fujitsu, CSR and Tag-McLaren. He has supervised many PhD and MEng projects as well as teaching BEng and HND students at the Universities of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Oxford, Oxford Brookes and now Buckingham. He has proposed, developed and delivered modules that were tailored in conjunction with the computer and microelectronics industry .
His current research focus is on the “Hybridisation of GNSS and wireless technologies for LBS and Security” and on “Security and localisation techniques for Wireless Mesh Networks connectivity and communication integrity”. Ihsan is also establishing a research team in Cloud Computing.
Tel: +44 (0)1280 828342 / 828322
- H.S Maghdid, I.A. Lami, K.Z Ghafoor & J. Lloret, "Seamless Outdoors-Indoors Localization Solutions on Smartphones: Implementation and Challenges", ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR) 48.4 (May 2016)
- H.S. Maghdid, A. Al-Sherbaz, N. Al-Jawad & I.A. Lami, “UNILS: Unconstrained Indoors Localization Scheme Based on Cooperative Smartphones Networking with Onboard Inertial, Bluetooth and GNSS Devices”, ION & IEEE PLANS 2016 (April 2016)
- G. Kadir & I.A. Lami, "SIMAN: a Smart Identification of MANET Nodes used by AODV routing algorithm", 3rd World Congress on Computer Applications and Information Systems (WCCAIS 2016), Dubai (January 2016)
- M. Al-Aboodi, I.A. Lami, A. Albu-Rghaif, P. Van Torre, H. Rogier, “A Single Acquisition Channel Receiver for GPS LICA and L2C Signals Based on Orthogonal Signal Processing”, 28th International Technical Meeting of The Satellite Division of the Institute of Navigation (ION GNSS+ 2015)
- A. Albu-Rghaif & I.A. Lami, “CSSR: A 2FOR1 Compressive Sensing Software Receiver with Combined Correlation for GPS-CA and Galileo-OS Signals”, Institute of Navigation (ION GNSS+ 2015) Conference (Sep 2015)
- Ihsan Lami, “Seamless Outdoors-Indoors Navigation for the Internet of Everything”, presented at WIPE COST-IC1301 Workshop, Toulouse, 29-30 Sept.2014
- Ihsan A. Lami, Halgurd S. Maghdid & Torben Kuseler, “SILS: A Smart Indoors Localisation Scheme Based on on-the-go Cooperative Smartphones Networks Using Onboard Bluetooth, WiFi and GNSS”, presented at ION GNSS+ 2014, Tampa, 8-12 Sept. 2014
- M. Al-Aboodi & I. Lami, “OCBPSR: Orthogonal complex bandpass sampling receiver”
- A. Albu-Rghaif & I. Lami, “Novel dictionary decomposition to acquire GPS signals using compressed sensing”
- H. Al-Assam, I.A. Lami & T. Kuseler, “Integrating Cancellable Biometrics with Geographical Location for Effective Unattended Authentication of Users of Mobile Devices”
- I. Lami, A. Albu-Rghaif & M. Al-Aboodi, “GCSR: A GPS Acquisition Technique using Compressive Sensing enhanced implementation”
- A. Albu-Rghaif & I. Lami, “DCSR: A dynamic channel and resolution sampling for a Compressive Sensing receiver to acquire GPS signals”
- T. Kuseler, I.A. Lami & & H Al-Assam, “BossPro: a biometrics-based obfuscation scheme for software protection”
- T. Kuseler, I.A. Lami & H. Al-Assam, “Location-assured, multifactor authentication on smartphones via LTE communication”
- I.A. Lami & H.S. Maghdid, “Synchronising WiFi access points with GPS time obtained from smartphones to aid localisation”
- I.A. Lami and M. Ai-Aboodi, “OBPSR: A multi-signal receiver based on the orthogonal and bandpass sampling techniques”
- Safa Al-Tekreeti, Naseer Al-Jawad, Ihsan Lami & Torben Kuseler, "sosMesh: A framework for ad-hoc networks based on Bluetooth / Wi-Fi inside mobile-phones during disasters"
- Ali Al-Sherbaz & Ihsan Lami, "W2BC: A proposal for a converged baseband implementation of WiMax and WiFi transceivers"
- M. Al-Aboodi, A. Albu-Rghaif & I. Lami, "GPS, Galileo and Glonass L1 signal detection algorithms based on bandpass sampling techniques"
- H. Maghdid & I. Lami, "Dynamic clock-model of Wi-Fi access-points to help indoors localisation of smartphones"
- C. Oriaku & I. Lami, "Holistic view angles of cloud computing services provisions"
- Chigozirim Oriaku, Nahla Alwan, and Ihsan Lami, "The readiness of mobile operating systems for cloud computing services"
- M. Al-Aboodi, A. Albu-Rghaif & I. Lami, “GNSS Signal detection based on band-pass filtering”
- T. Kuseler & I. Lami, “Using geographical location as an authentication factor to enhance mCommerce applications on smartphones”
- I.A. Lami & T. Kuseler, “dLocAuth: a dynamic multifactor authentication scheme for mCommerce applications using independent location-based obfuscation”
- T. Kuseler, I.A. Lami & H. Al-Assam, “obiometrics: A software protection scheme using biometric-based obfuscation”, 2011 African Conference on Software Engineering and Applied Computing (ACSEAC)
- A. Al-Sherbaz, S. Jassim, C. Adams & I.A. Lami, “Routing and node addressing in wireless mesh networks”
- T. Kuseler, H. Al-Assam, S.A. Jassim & I.A. Lami, “Privacy preserving, real-time and location secured biometrics for mCommerce authentication”, Proc.Mobile Multimedia/Image Processing, Security, and Applications, SPIE 80630G (May 2011)
- I. Lami, T. Kuseler, H. Al-Assam & S. Jassim, “LocBiometrics: Mobile phone based multifactor biometric authentication with time and location assurance”, Proc. 18th Telecommunications Forum TELFOR 2010, 151-154
- T. Kuseler, I. Lami, S. Jassim & H. Sellahewa, “eBiometrics: an enhanced multi-biometrics authentication technique for real-time remote applications on mobile devices”