BSc (Basrah), MSc (Baghdad), PhD (Buckingham)
Naseer Al-Jawad has a BSc (Basrah, Iraq), an MSc (Baghdad, Iraq) and a PhD (Buckingham) in Computer Science. He has a long experience in teaching various computing courses at Baghdad University and Applied Science University in Jordan. The courses he has taught have included programming, data structures, file processing and algorithms. At Buckingham, Dr Al-Jawad teaches different courses like Fundamentals of Computing, Multimedia Systems, Networking, Web Technologies, and Programming at different levels. He supervises undergraduate and postgraduate projects.
Dr Al-Jawad has undertaken a variety of wavelet-based research in image processing including: feature extraction, image/video compression, image quality, and content-based video retrieval.
- M. Maliki, N. Al-Jawad & S.A. Jassim, “Sub-word-based Arabic handwriting analysis for writer identification”
- D. Traore, K. Rietdorf, N. Al-Jawad & H. Al-Assam, “Automatic Hotspots Detection for Intracellular Calcium Analysis in Fluorescence Microscopic Videos”, MIUA 2017: Medical Image Understanding and Analysis (July 2017, CCIS Series vol. 723), 862-873
- D. Han, N. Al Jawad & H. Du, "Facial expression identification using 3D geometric features from Microsoft Kinect device", Proc. SPIE 9869, Mobile Multimedia/Image Processing, Security, and Applications 2016
- H.S. Maghdid, A. Al-Sherbaz, N. Al-Jawad & I.A. Lami, “UNILS: Unconstrained Indoors Localization Scheme Based on Cooperative Smartphones Networking with Onboard Inertial, Bluetooth and GNSS Devices”, ION & IEEE PLANS 2016 (April 2016)
- S. Al-Showarah, N. Al-Jawad & H. Sellahewa, “Effects of user age on smartphone and tablet use, measured with an eye-tracker via fixation duration, scan-path duration, and saccades proportion”
- N. Al-Hayani, N. Al-Jawad & S.A. Jassim, “Simultaneous compression and encryption for secure real-time secure transmission of sensitive video transmission”, Proc. Mobile Multimedia / Image Processing, Security, and Applications (SPIE 9120, 91200J, May 2014)
- N. Al-Hayani, N. Al-Jawad & S. Jassim, “Simultaneous edge sensing compression and encryption for real-time video transmission”, Proc. Real-Time Image and Video Processing (SPIE 9139, 91390F, May 2014)
- A. Sabir, N. Al-Jawad & S. Jassim, “Feature selection gait-based gender classification under different circumstances”, Proc. Real-Time Image and Video Processing (SPIE 9139, 91390A, May 2014)
- K.A. Abdullah, N. Al-Jawad & A.A. Abdulla, “Effect of using different cover image quality to obtain robust selective embedding in steganography”, Proc. Optics, Photonics, and Digital Technologies for Multimedia Applications III (SPIE 9138, 913808, May 2014)
- T. F. Majeed, N. Al-Jawad & H. Sellahewa, “Breast Border Extraction and Pectoral Muscle Removal in MLO Mammogram Images”
- A. Sabir, N. Al-Jawad, S. Jassim, A. Al-Talabani, “Human gait gender classification based on fusing spatio-temporal and wavelet statistical features”
- S.H. Salah, H. Du and N. Al-Jawad, “Fusing Local Binary Patterns with Wavelet Features for Ethnicity Identification”
- A. Sabir, N. Al-Jawad & S.A. Jassim, “Gait recognition using spatio-temporal silhouette-base features”
- Safa Al-Tekreeti, Naseer Al-Jawad, Ihsan Lami & Torben Kuseler, "sosMesh: A framework for ad-hoc networks based on Bluetooth / Wi-Fi inside mobile-phones during disasters"
- M. Maliki, S.A. Jassim & N. Al-Jawad, “Arabic writer identification based on diacritic's features”
- M. Maliki, S.A. Jassim, N. Al-Jawad & H. Sellahewa, “Arabic handwritten: pre-processing and segmentation”
- N. Al-Jawad & S. Jassim, "Wavelet Based Image Quality Self Measurements"
- S. Al-Tekreeti, C. Adams & N. Al-Jawad, "Creating Wi-Fi Bluetooth Mesh Network for Crisis Management Applications"
- N. Al-Jawad, “Exploiting statistical properties of wavelet coefficient for face detection and recognition”
- Harin Sellahewa, Naseer Al-Jawad, Sahan Jassim et al., “Comparison of weighting strategies in early and late fusion approaches to audio-visual person authentication”
- Naseer Al-Jawad, Sabah Jassim et al., "An efficient real-time video compression algorithm with high feature preserving capability"
- Naseer Al-Jawad, Hongbo Du, Sabah Jassim et al., “Content-based video indexing and searching with wavelet transform”
- Naseer Al-Jawad & Sabah Jassim, “Feature-preserving image/video compression”