Student access to IT Services
As a student of the University of Buckingham, you have been allocated an account to access the University’s computing facilities. This includes access to email, the VLE, Library resources and Wireless Internet Access (WIA).
Your account is individual to you and can only be accessed with your username and password.
If you are an external student (e.g. Humanities Research Institute), please note the following:
•Details of how to access your username and password have been emailed to you. If you have not received the details, please contact your school of study.
•You must change your password within 48 hours of receiving your account details.
•Education students: When registering your details on the ePortfolio system, remember to enter your date of birth in international format (e.g. 1976/02/27).
In order to change your temporary password please do the following:
– Head to https://webmail.buckingham.ac.uk
– Enter ‘Students\’ followed by your ID Number in the Domain\username box (e.g. Students\1234567)
– Enter the temporary password you’ve been given in the Password box
– Click <Sign in>
– Once you’re in your emails, click on <Options> in the top right-hand corner and select <Change your password…> from the drop-down menu
– Enter your temporary password in the Current Password box and your new password in the last two boxes, then click <Save>
Using your ID Number and new password, you will now be able to access:
VLE (Moodle) via https://vle.buckingham.ac.uk
Library resources using this off-campus link: https://www.buckingham.ac.uk/life/library/electronicinformation/databases/off-campus
The University’s rules for the use of computing facilities are available at http://www.buckingham.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/handbook-regulations.pdf#page=64. By logging into your account you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by these rules.
For further information about our services, please visit our Digital Assistant at http://helpdesk.buckingham.ac.uk/
Please do not hesitate to contact the IT Services Helpdesk (01280 820248, email@example.com) if you require any assistance.