Student access to IT Services
As a student of the University of Buckingham, you have been allocated an account to access the University’s computing facilities. This includes access to email, the VLE, Library resources and Wireless Internet Access (WIA).
Your account is individual to you and can only be accessed with your username and password.
If you are an external student (e.g. Humanities Research Institute), please note the following:
- Details of how to access your username and password have been emailed to you. If you have not received the details, please contact your school of study.
- You cannot change your password within 48 hours of receiving your account details.
- Education students: When registering your details on the ePortfolio system, remember to enter your date of birth in international format (e.g. 1976/02/27).
In order to change your temporary password please do the following:
- Head to Webmail
- Enter ‘Students\’ followed by your ID Number in the Domain\username box (e.g. Students\1234567)
- Enter the temporary password you’ve been given in the Password box
- Click <Sign in>
- Once you’re in your emails, click on <Options> in the top right-hand corner and select <Change your password…> from the drop-down menu
- Enter your temporary password in the Current Password box and your new password in the last two boxes, then click <Save>
Now that you can access your University account, please register on the University of Buckingham User Account Self-Service System so you can reset your password and unlock your account without having to contact the Helpdesk.
The system is easy to use. First, register your security questions/answers and mobile number. Once registered, use the system to reset your password and unlock your account.
Note: You must register before you can reset your password or unlock your account.
To register, carry out the following on any computer connected to the Internet:
- Launch a Web browser and navigate to our User Account Self-Service System
- Use the form to sign in to the system using your username, password and domain. Note: If you are unable to see the form, check the settings of your Web browser’s content filtering/ad blocking extension (e.g. “AdBlock”)
- Register your security questions/answers and mobile number
- Enrol and sign out
Using your ID Number and new password, you will now be able to access:
By logging into your account you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the University’s Use of Computers and Data Networks policy (PDF).
For further information about our services, please visit our Digital Assistant.
Please do not hesitate to contact the IT Services Helpdesk should you require assistance.