Televisions, Internet Access and Mail


Students may bring their own televisions for use in their rooms, or you can rent or buy a TV when you get here.

If you live in halls of residence and use a device to watch/record TV in your own room, you need your own separate TV Licence. The law states that you need to be covered by a TV licence to:

  • Watch and record programmes as they’re being shown on TV, on any channel
  • Watch or stream programmes live on an online TV service eg. ITV hub, All4, YouTube, Amazon Prime, Now TV, Sky Go etc
  • Download or watch any BBC programmes on iPlayer

This applies to any device you use, including a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital box etc.

From 1st April 2022 a standard TV licence costs £159

Contact us on arrival for more details on licenses or find out more by visiting the following link: TV Licensing for Students.

There are TVs located in the Old Tanlaw Mill, Franciscan Building and some of the accommodation kitchens which are available for students to watch.

Internet access

The Halls Internet Access (HIA) service is available in all halls of residence.


All your internal & external incoming mail will be delivered to the Post Room at the Chandos Road Building, where our friendly staff will sort your mail ready for you to collect.

The delivery address that you should use for personal mail or when ordering any deliveries, courier parcels etc. is:

‘Your name and student ID’
University of Buckingham
Hunter Street
MK18 1EG

All deliveries and mail go to the Student Post Room on Hunter Street, where the friendly staff will keep everything safe until you collect them. You should never give your accommodation address for any mail or parcel deliveries.