Our Hardship Fund is available to support current students in need. We can assist students financially if they are experiencing/expect to experience severe financial difficulties (e.g. issues linked to paying for student accommodation), or are in a time of crisis (e.g. a family emergency).
To be eligible to apply for this fund, you must:
- be fully registered at the University
- be a full-time student at the University
- have already taken all the financial support that is readily available to you (e.g. Student Finance England, Postgraduate Loan from the Student Loans Company, welfare benefits)
- be on track to successfully complete your studies at Buckingham – this fund is not to support the payment of tuition fees
Applications are open to postgraduate and undergraduate UK, EU and International students.
How to apply
- Please check you meet the eligibility criteria above.
- Complete the application form below. This form includes a 400-word statement where you can explain why you need the support of this fund.
- Wait for Students First staff to get in touch with you. They will go through your application form with you and, if required, request further evidence.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please note that we may ask you to show evidence of household income and/or evidence that you have/will have sufficient funds to cover your full tuition fees, and at least £5,000 towards living costs.