What We Can Do For You
Employers have high expectations of graduates and offer high salaries to employees with degrees. They know exactly what skills they require in graduates and, with this in mind, the Careers Service staff are well placed to give advice & help students find the job of their dreams. We encourage you to start your career planning early and review it throughout your degree programme. We help you to do this by offering a range of services.
The Careers Library
The Careers Library contains a wealth of information from actual job vacancies to how to prepare for graduate recruitment tests. We will help you find what you need to explore the career options open to you.
When you visit the Careers Information Library you will find:
- Details of several hundred career destinations
- Current vacancy details from UK-based and multi-national employers
- Part-time and vacation work opportunities for students
- An extensive library of employer brochures, detailing graduate training programmes and including application forms
- Information about studying and research opportunities at universities in the UK, Europe, USA and beyond
- Comprehensive Law Section
- Information on Professional Institutes such as ACCA, CIMA
Register today for the following benefits from the Careers Service and Prospects.ac.uk:
- Create and edit saved job searches.
- Be alerted by email of new vacancies matching your saved job searches.
- Search the careers events calendar and maintain your careers diary.
We work in close partnership with Prospects.ac.uk – the UK’s official graduate careers website – to offer you the following range of services exclusively from My Prospects:
- Create tailored job or postgraduate course searches.
- Receive the latest jobs and courses direct to your email or mobile.
- Receive Prospects.ac.uk newsletter and Prospects Graduate digital magazine – packed with the latest news and vacancies.
- Access career planning tools, including Prospects Planner.
- Have your CV checked by a professional and receive free careers advice.**
- Use your online CV and apply for Postgraduate course opportunities.**
** For graduates
I’d like to sign up to My Prospects and gain access to the above services. Submit
Students can call into the Careers Service for a Quick Query discussion, a brief 10 minute chat at any time. You will normally be seen by a member of our Careers staff straight away. Following a Quick Query discussion, a pre-booked 30-minute session with a Careers Adviser may be necessary. These are normally available within 5 days.