Residential assistants are responsible students selected to make you feel welcome and help you settle in. They also:
- Receive and pass on telephone messages.
- Assist in your care and wellbeing.
- Deal with and amicably settle minor complaints.
- Encourage you to keep your home tidy and clean.
- Act as a communication channel between residents and the University.
They are there to answer any questions you have, when you arrive and during your stay in halls of residence, and have answerphones, so that messages for you are quickly passed on. They can point you towards the Accommodation Officer and your Personal Tutor, or Student Welfare Officer and support staff in the Student Welfare Department.