Current Research Students & Interest
- Frederic Bonfanti is researching the societal effects of cyber surveillance strategy.
- Alexander Butterworth is exploring the contemporary strategic implications of Grand Strategy in ancient Rome.
- Alexandra Fairbairn is evaluating the UK’s foreign policy approach to Russia through a narrative analysis of the Russian leader’s speeches.
- Manel Hamdi is researching the challenge of female jihadists in Tunisia.
- Bryony Norburn is working on intelligence history and Bletchley Park, researching the role that women played at Bletchley Park during the Second World War
- Diva Patang Wardak is conducting an evaluation of Afghanistan’s contemporary intelligence infrastructure
- Andreja Bogdanovski is examining the reasons behind states’ involvement in the process of securing ecclesiastical independence in the Eastern Orthodox Church, with special reference to the churches in North Macedonia, Montenegro and Ukraine
- Fidel Abowei is re-evaluating the concept of soft power from an African perspective
- Muhammad Usman Abdullahi is examining questions of the governance of humanitarian crises, with particular reference to IDPs in Nigeria
- Mary Showstark is exploring the diversionary effect of healthcare training for individuals that might be drawn into insurgent groups
- Eleonora Winger is looking at radicalisation from a forensic linguistics perspective
- Karabo Segondi is examining the potential threat from travelling female jihadists
- Kenechukwu Osanakpo is evaluating the effectiveness of Nigerian counter-terrorism strategy
- Evelyn Lumish is looking at media narratives concerning terrorism in the United States
- Moataz El-Shafie is assessing the nature and dynamics of modern proxy wars in the Middle East