Degrees with Integrated Foundation
Our Degrees with Integrated Foundation Year [1+2] build your skills, knowledge and confidence to prepare you for success at University.
Working in small tutorial groups, your Foundation Year will give you an introduction to the discipline you wish to study plus the academic skills you need to succeed.
There are many reasons you may want to take a degree with an integrated foundation year:
- If your qualifications do not yet meet the entry requirements for your chosen degree
- If you are returning to study after a break & want a more confident start to University
- If you are an international student it will help you meet the UK qualification levels required to enrol on your desired degree
On successful completion of your foundation year, you will progress to your chosen undergraduate course.
Foundation Pathway Programmes
These programmes lead to a Buckingham 2-Year degree and can be taken as standalone courses. They allow flexibility if you prefer an introduction to your field of study and wish to refine your study skills but are still undecided about the specific degree programme you wish to study.
You may be required to study a Pre-Sessional English programme if your English language level falls slightly below the entry requirement for your chosen degree.
- Our pre-sessional programme will develop your English language skills to the required level and is suitable for students progressing onto Foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes.
- You will improve your accuracy, fluency and skills in academic reading & writing, academic discussion, presentations and debates.
1st year of the 2-year undergraduate degree
2nd year of the 2-year undergraduate degree
What Foundation courses are available?
To find out more and the courses available take a look at our Foundation page.