Finalist Prizes 2021
The Edgar Palamountain Award for Excellence
In 1993, a solid Gold Medal, The Edgar Palamountain Medal for Excellence, was instituted in memory of Edgar Palamountain, Chairman of Council at Buckingham from 1979 to 1984. The Award is given every year to the undergraduate who is judged ‘first among equals’.
Beth Ann Joyce Stanley
The Dame Barbara Shenfield Award
In 2005, a solid Gold Medal, The Dame Barbara Shenfield Award, was instituted in memory of Dame Barbara Shenfield, a founder member of the University’s Council. The award will be made annually to the postgraduate who is judged to have achieved the best overall performance of the year.
Liam Richard Firth
The G-Volution Prize for Academic Distinction
This prize is awarded for exceptional academic performance during undergraduate studies at Buckingham.
Laurie Francis Austen
The Vice-Chancellor’s Prize
This prize is awarded to the one student who, in the opinion of the Vice-Chancellor, has made the most outstanding contribution to the life of the university.
Recipients of the Ede and Ravenscroft Prize for Best Continuing Student:
- Mayowa Molawa Olagunju
- Marco Rex Germanier Torrado
Other prize winners
- Servet Ege: The best performance in Postgraduate Finance
- Raeesa Abdul Gafar Ossman: John Wheeler Prize for the Best Graduating Student
- Rana Zohair Habib: The Most Improved performance in the Part 2 Examinations
- Thomas David Carter: The Most Improved performance in the Part 2 Examinations
- Sophia Jade Rooke: Vitalograph Prize for the Best Graduating MBA Student
- Georgina Elizabeth Crump: The best Postgraduate Dissertation
- Zikang Li: The Hans Peter Stein Memorial Prize
- Damet Baizhanova: The Shamil Hamid Memorial Prize
- Basem Eldeeb: The Most Improved Performance in the Part 2 Examination
- Liam Richard Firth: The Best Postgraduate Dissertation
- Majella Kelleher: The Best Graduating Student in the BSc Operational Excellence Programme
School of Computing Prizes
- James William Stratton McCullough: The British Computer Society Prize
- Laurie Francis Austen: The Zizo Prize for the Outstanding Undergraduate Project
- Hala Hany Osman Elhenawy: The Ruffley Prize for the Outstanding Postgraduate Project
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Victoria Jenner: The best performance in the MA Decorative Arts
- Gabriella Maria Maddelena Ramsden: The best performance in the MA Biography
- Naomi Chisuta & Ryan Hunter: The Clare Morris Prize for the Best Organised All-Round Student Performance within the English Degree programme (shared)
- Adam Neal Bowman: Davis / Drew Prize for Special Achievement in a Postgraduate Thesis in English Literature
- Patrick Donovan: John Clarke Prize for an Outstanding Research Thesis in History or Biography
- Samantha Michelle Cummings: The Yolande Hinson Prize for the Best organised All-Round Student Performance in Economics and International Studies
School of Law
- Richard Sky: The Best Performance in the LLM Examinations
- Meghan Leslie Aileen Hillis: Prize for the Best Performance in the Final Examination
- Christopher Kenningham: The Butterworths Prize for the Best Performance in the Final Examination
- Hollie Vera Dimmock: The Merit Prize offered for a Good All-round Performance academically and who has also made an important contribution to the life of the university
- Ivy Eunice Villanueva Magnetico: The Tunki Abdul Rahman Prize in International Law
- Erioluwadaju Rhema & Maniba Zafar: A Good Performance in the Part 2 Examination (Shared)
- Katy Simons: A good performance in the Part 2 Examination for Part-Time
School of Psychology
Abigail Lucy Moffatt: The best performance in the MSc Health Psychology
Adam Ward: The British Psychological Society Prize
Akaanksha Venkatramanan: Prize for the best all-rounder finalist
Adam Ward: The Mike Cawthorne Award for the Best Project
School of Medicine
The Stewert Persen Prize
The Stewert Peterson Prize is awarded annually to the student who has performed best overall in the MB ChB Course, demonstrating the greatest degree of all round excellence.
Ji Soo Choi
Academic Achievement in Phase 2
This prize is awarded to the student(s) who attains the highest academic performance overall in the MB ChB written papers taken in Phase 2 of the course.
Melina Li How Cheong
Clinical Achievement in Phase 2
This Prize is awarded to the student(s) who attains the highest academic performance overall in the MB ChB clinical examinations in Phase 2 of the course.
Ji Soo Choi
This prize is awarded to the student who has consistently demonstrated the Professional Values outlined by the General Medical Council through portfolio learning.
Aminah Iffah Jawaheer
The spirit of Buckingham Medical School
This Prize is awarded by the final year students to their peer(s) who they feel embodies the spirit of the Buckingham Medical School. An Individual who the students consider to have made and all-round contribution, demonstrated the highest professional values and team working skills. An individual who has had the most positive impact both within and outing the UBMS community.
Tushar Vishnu Hari
Cawthorne Cup for Academic Achievement in Phase 1
This prize has been awarded to the student(s) who attains the highest academic performance overall in both the written questions and OSCE stations from the non-qualifying assessments in Phase 1.
Melina Li How Cheong
Phase 1 Student Selected Component
This Prize has been awarded to the student(s) who attains the highest academic performance overall in their student selected components from both the taught and the library projects.
This Prize has been awarded to the student(s) who attains the highest academic performance overall in their Narrative Medicine essay as reviewed by a specialist panel.