Finalist Prizes 2012
The Edgar Palamountain Award for Excellence
My day was made when I was informed that I had been awarded the Edgar Palamountain Award for Excellence, what an honour to be judged ‘first among equals’.
My time at Buckingham thoroughly exceeded my expectations; it was refreshing to have lecturers and staff in the Business School who were genuinely committed to my success and future. Unlike other universities you are not just a number, you are a name and a person. I feel that the two year degree has given me the tools and confidence to succeed in business, not just in terms of time management but also being taught the skills to work with people from all different backgrounds.
One of the best things about Buckingham, in my opinion, is the fact that you have the opportunity to mix and work with people from all over the world and I have made some strong friendships – which does have the bonus of offering some lovely travel opportunities!!
I would just like to thank all the staff in the Business School for their support and excellent tuition over the two years, I couldn’t have done it without them!
Polly Victoria Richards, BSc (Hons) Business Management 2012
The Dame Barbara Shenfield Award
When I found out that I had been selected to receive the Dame Barbara Shenfield Award I felt both humbled and honoured. Hearing the news from Buckingham was a most pleasant surprise and I am truly grateful to my LLM tutors for providing me with the tools that I needed to do well on the course. It’s a great privilege to receive the award and my family and I are extremely excited about the ceremony and the presentation.
I thoroughly enjoyed my year at Buckingham. The course was both challenging and exciting and I met some wonderful people along the way. I would highly recommend the University to anyone thinking of doing a Masters in international, commercial or oil and gas law. The atmosphere is extremely friendly and the staff and tutors are always willing to help. All in all I had a memorable time at Buckingham and my experience at the university is one that I will always cherish.
Adesekemi Aderemi, LLM International and Commercial Law 2012
The University Prize for Academic Distinction
This prize is awarded for exceptional academic performance during undergraduate studies at Buckingham.
Euan Andrew Leckie, BSc (Hons) Business Enterprise 2012
The Ede and Ravenscroft Prize for the Best Continuing Student (shared)
- Joanna Churchill, LLB (Hons) Law with Business Finance 2012
- Chanuki Ilushka Seresinhe, BSc (Econ) (Hons) Business Economics, 2012
- Visham Ashwin Dawotal, BA (Hons) Communication, Media and Journalism, 2012
- Robert Grieve, the best performance in the Part 2 Examinations
- Adebanke Omolade Akinwunmi, John Wheeler Prize for the Best Graduating Student
- Ardak Khaziyevna Tauassarova, Horlogerie Kandahar Prize for outstanding achievement
- Marie Charlotte Reetze, Vitalograph Prize for the best graduating MBA student
- Euan Andrew Leckie, Viscount Monckton of Brenchley Memorial Prize awarded to the BBE student with the most entrepreneurial spirit
- Mudit Vinod Surana, Hans Peter Stein Memorial Prize
- Polly Victoria Richards, the best performance in the Part 2 Examinations
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Sally McLuckie, Davis / Drew Prize for Special Achievement in a Postgraduate Thesis in English Literature
- Margaret Riley, John Clarke Prize for an Outstanding Research Thesis in History or Biography
- Visham Ashwin Dawotal & Claudia Di Loreto, Horlogerie Kandahar Prizes for outstanding achievement (shared)
Other prize winners
- Jason Leigh Greenaway, British Computer Society Prize
- Dauda Buba, the best performance in the Part 2 Examinations
- Jason Leigh Greenaway, the best performance in the Graduate Programme
- Jason Leigh Greenaway, Horlogerie Kandahar Prize for outstanding achievement
- Sam Fardghassemi, British Psychology Society Prize
- Levon Mailov, the best performance in the Part 2 Examination
September LLM Graduands
- Adesekemi Aderemi, the best performance in the LLM Examinations
- Guiseppe Carucci, Morayo Atoki Prize for a good all-round performance academically and for making an important contribution to the LLM programme
Law – January 2012 Graduands
- Adeniran Haastrup, Horlogerie Kandahar Prize for outstanding achievement
- Rupinder Preet Minhas, Sweet and Maxwell Law Prize for the Best Performance in the Final Examinations
- Joanna Churchill & Olamide Olayinka Mohammed, a good performance in the Part 2 Examination (shared)
- Mark Alex Flowers, Merit Prize offered for a Good All-round Performanceacademically and who has also made an important contribution to the life of the University
Law – July 2011 Graduands
- Amie Rose Dee, Butterworths Prize for the Best Performance in the Final Examination
- Nadira Hussen, good performance in the Part 2 Examinations
- Ahed Gulamdastagir Attar & Ibiba Tokunbo Cassandra Okunye-Olu, Merit Prize for a Good All-round Performanceacademically and making an important contribution to the life of the University (shared)
- Beaumont Gen-Lin Yun, Tunku Abdul Rahman Prize in International Law
Law – Part-Time Graduands
- Lucie Kingsnorth, the best performance in the Final Examinations