This one-day course is aimed at teachers who are teaching or assisting in Games lessons and have little to no formal training in Physical Education.
The day is highly practical and aims to provide teachers with a toolkit of how to plan and teach invasion games including Rugby, Netball, Football, Hockey and Basketball.
The course covers the following areas for teaching within Games:
- Health & safety
- Different approaches to planning and teaching
- How to progress pupils’ ability and knowledge
- Principles of attack and defence
- Effective warm-ups and cool-downs
- Differentiation and stretching the more able
- Principles of exercise and fundamental movement skills
This event will cost £300 (including refreshments, lunch and one night’s accommodation)