Our Senior Leader Apprenticeship is a comprehensive programme designed by academics with real life professional experience across a range of industries and educational settings.
On completion of the programme, you will be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and understanding around the topics below, fully preparing you for the apprenticeship assessment and further progression onto the University of Buckingham MBA routes, if you choose to do so.
- Decision-making and Leadership
- Strategic analysis
- Digital Technology and Disruption
- Interpersonal and people management
- Sustainability and Ethics
- Negotiation and Culture Management
- Financial and managerial accounting analysis
- Personal and Critical Self awareness
- Project Management
- Marketing and Innovation
- Operation and Supply Chain Management
- Risk management
This programme is delivered on-line via interactive teaching sessions scheduled weekly on set days. Depending on the learning outcome of modules being taught teaching sessions will incorporate several teaching methods such as mini-lectures, group discussions, practical exercises to name a few.
A one-day induction and three full days on campus sessions throughout your Apprenticeship have also been incorporated into your schedule. These sessions will include workshops, seminars, networking events, group discussions, guest speakers etc. The face-to-face sessions are designed to further enhance your learning and promote networking opportunities.
You will be allocated a mentor at the start of your apprenticeship journey. Progress is monitored through regular review sessions between you, your employer and mentor. Additionally, between progress review sessions, you will have the opportunity to catch-up with your mentor for regular check–ins.
The apprenticeship standard is assessed at the end of the course typically during the final months via an End Point Assessment. This is completed by an independent organisation, CMI to remove bias and maintain standards; and comprises of:
- Assessment method 1 – Strategic business proposal, presentation with Q&A
- Assessment method 2 – Professional discussion underpinned by a portfolio of evidence
For those who wish to complete either a Postgraduate Diploma or an MBA, successful completion of the Senior Leader Apprenticeship can be followed by the completion of the options below with the School of Business.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration – assignment submission for taught modules at an additional cost of £500 per learner
- MBA – assignments submission and a supervised dissertation over a minimum of 6 months after completion of EPA at an additional cost of £2500 per learner.