Dr Ali earned his PhD from the Department of Computer Science, Loughborough University, UK; and his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Computer Engineering from the Department of Computer Engineering, Aligarh Muslim University, India.
Prior to joining the Department of Applied Computing at The University of Buckingham, he worked as an Associate Professor at the Department of Computer Engineering, Aligarh Muslim University, India and as a Research Associate at Loughborough University.
His research interests include image and video coding, multimedia information security, systems engineering, system-of-systems and machine learning.
- A. Ngyuen, M.A. Ali & E.A. Edirisinghe, “Vehicle type recognition in video using multiple-feature combinations”, Accepted for publication at IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging 2016, held in San Francisco, 14-18 February 2016.
- Martins E. Irhebhude, Mohammad Athar Ali & Eran A. Edirisinghe, “Pedestrian detection and vehicle type recognition using CENTROG features for nighttime thermal images”, 2015 IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Computer Communication and Processing (ICCP) (3-5 Sep 2015), 407-412; doi: 10.1109/ICCP.2015.7312693.
- Mohammad Athar Ali, “The March of Apple and Google: Business or digital capitalism?”, 29th International Association Media and Communications Research (IAMCR) (Hyderabad, 15-19 July 2014).
- Swaleha Saeed, M. Sarosh Umar, Athar Ali & Musheer Ahmad, “Fisher-Yates Chaotic Shuffling Based Image Encryption”, International Journal of Information Processing 8.3 (Nov 2014), 31-41.
- M. Sharique & M.A. Ali, “Two-step impulse noise suppression in grayscale images using ANFIS”, International Conference on Multimedia, Signal Processing and Communication Technologies (IMPACT 2013), 80-83 (Aligarh, India, 23-25 Nov 2013); full text on IEEE Xplore.
- A. Ali & E.A.Edirisinghe, “High-capacity multi-layer watermarking for H.264/AVC video”, 7th International Conference on Computer Sciences and Convergence Information Technology (ICCIT 2012), 631- 636, (Seoul, 3-5 Dec 2012); full text on IEEE Xplore.
- A. Ali & E.A. Edirisinghe, “Efficient spatiotemporal matching for video copy detection in H.264/AVC video”, International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA) 41.15 (March 2012), 1-7.
- A.Ali & E.A. Edirisinghe, “Multi-layer watermarking of H.264/AVC video using differential expansion on IPCM blocks”, IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics (ICCE‘11), 53–54 (Las Vegas, 9-12 Jan 2011).
- A.Ali & E.A. Edirisinghe, “Improved watermark payload capacity using DE on IPCM macroblocks in H.264/AVC”, 5th International Conference on Computer Sciences and Convergence Information Technology (ICCIT‘10), 594-599 (Seoul, 30 Nov-2 Dec 2010); full text on IEEE Xplore.
- A. Ali & E.A. Edirisinghe, “Reversible watermarking using differential expansion on IPCM macroblocks in H.264/AVC”, JNIT: Journal of Next Generation Information Technology 2.1 (Feb 2011), 105-116.