View full details in the curriculum handbook
This programme consists of work at Level 7 that will enable those teachers holding a NASENCO qualification (with Level 7 credits) to progress to a MA (Masters) qualification. The programme aims to enable teachers to develop their leadership competency through critical evaluation of research and scholarship and to integrate this with their own practice. Students will be able to analyse, engage in and reflect on these educational issues and on the implications for their own educational setting. All students will complete one module about inclusion best practice before carrying out a research project for the dissertation in Module 2.
The course is accredited by The University of Buckingham and all students are members of the University from the start of the course. Module 1 is delivered by Inclusion Expert, a nationally renowned provider of courses in pastoral care, together with lecturers from the University of Buckingham. Lecturers from Inclusion Expert will be Daniel Sobel and Abigail Hawkins. Between them, they have supported many thousands of schools and SENCOs and this is their idea to help SENCOs advance either within the world of SEN or to utilise what they have gained to move on to other fields. They will both be regularly lecturing on the course and so you will have the opportunity to learn from two of the most experienced advanced Inclusion trainers in the world. Their work with you will focus on issues such as:
- Managing and Leading all different types of stakeholders
- Helping schools to deal with complex and entrenched cases
- Helping schools to deal with challenging parents
- Training all staff to be fully inclusive
- Cultural and organisational inclusive leadership
Module 2, the dissertation, is delivered by The University of Buckingham.
On successful completion of your course, you will be eligible to apply to become a Senior Fellow of the International Forum of Inclusion Practitioners. This is a recognition of your advanced knowledge and capabilities and dedication to building a more inclusive world. You will benefit from this by:
- Being invited to participate in international inclusion events all over the world by lecturing, publishing, facilitating groups and the like
- You will be invited to attend events such as the Global Inclusive Schools Summit at UNESCO HQ in Paris
- You will be invited to help and train practitioners across the developing world
- You will be invited to participate in higher level events aimed at providing guidance and advice for governments
The course is 100% online. At every stage students have their own supervisor.