Bursaries and Scholarships
We welcome all students at Buckingham regardless of their financial circumstances. We have scholarships available for both undergraduate and postgraduate students, and these are awarded based on location, merit or financial need.
Take a look at the lists below to see if any are right for you.
- High Achiever Scholarship for September 2020 and January 2021 starters – £4,000 awarded across your first and second years of study if you are a UK or EU student and achieve AAB or equivalent A-level results
- High Achiever Scholarship for starters from September 2021 onwards – £2,000 awarded in your first year of study if you are a Home fee paying student and achieve AAB or equivalent A-level results
- The University of Buckingham Bursary – a fees discount of £2,000 per year for UK students receiving a maintenance loan of £7,500 or more.
- The Lillingstone Trust Scholarship – £13,000 scholarship towards tuition fees for a two-year undergraduate degree in either computing or psychology, starting in September 2020. This scholarship is specifically for local students who otherwise could not afford a university education and for whom a place at the University of Buckingham will unlock life-changing opportunities.
- Postgraduate First-Class Scholarship – 33% discount for graduates with a first class honours degree recognised to UK standard
- Buckingham postgraduate discount – 25% discount for Buckingham graduates with a 2:1 undergraduate degree progressing on to a postgraduate course, discount for Masters students with distinction (33% discount) or merit (25% discount) progressing on to a PhD
- The Ondaatje Scholarship – £4000 towards postgraduate study
- GREAT Scholarships 2020 – for students from China applying for postgraduate courses in Business, Computing, Humanities and Law.
- Leche Trust Bursary – 75% discount of the course fees for EU students and just over 44% for international students.
- Diversity in Computing Scholarships and Bursaries – £2000 towards undergraduate tuition fees
- Coase Scholarships (Economics) – £10,000 off tuition fees
- PPE Bursary (Philosophy, Politics and Economics) – a £12,888 means-based bursary
- The Paul E H Davis Awards (Postgraduate English / History / Biography) – reduced fees on MA English Literature or Research English, History or Biography
- Scholarships for law students – UK and international scholarships for LLB and LLM
Further funded scholarships and bursaries may be awarded across all schools of study (excluding Medicine), and represent a partial remission from tuition fees. Awards range from £500 – £2,500 and will be conditional upon satisfactory progress at each stage of study.
Funded scholarships are in recognition of academic achievement and applications are invited from those with a strong academic background and who are predicted to do well in their examinations. Bursaries are means-tested and are intended for those who need a contribution towards their fees in order to study at Buckingham. Please select scholarship or bursary on your application.
The scholarships and bursaries are thanks to the donations received from supporters of the University, including The Audrey Osborn Trust, The Headley Trust, Garfield Weston Foundation, Brunner Family Trust, RM and D Gregory, The Eranda Foundation and The John Desborough Memorial Bequest.
There are also external funding options you can explore.