Bursaries and Scholarships
We welcome all students at Buckingham regardless of their financial circumstances. We have scholarships available for both undergraduate and postgraduate students, and these are awarded based on location, merit or financial need. You are normally only eligible for one award.
Take a look at the lists below to see if anything is right for you.
September 2020 scholarships and bursaries
- High Achiever Scholarship – £2,000 awarded in your first year of study if you achieve AAB or equivalent A-level results
- The University of Buckingham Bursary – £2,000 per year linked to household income on a two-year degree
- Postgraduate First-Class Scholarship – 33% discount for graduates with a first class honours degree recognised to UK standard
- Buckingham postgraduate discount – 25% discount for Buckingham graduates with a 2:1 undergraduate degree progressing on to a postgraduate course, discount for Masters students with distinction (33% discount) or merit (25% discount) progressing on to a PhD
- The Ondaatje Scholarship – £4000 towards postgraduate study
- GREAT Scholarships 2020 – for students from China applying for postgraduate courses in Business, Computing, Humanities and Law.
- The Kingham Scholarship (Business Enterprise) – up to £25,000 for a Business Enterprise student with a great business plan
- Enterprise Accelerator Scholarship – half price fees for UK students joining us in September 2020
- Diversity in Computing Scholarships and Bursaries – £2000 towards undergraduate tuition fees
- Computing Postgraduate Research Scholarship – tuition fees, UK travel and living expenses for a research student
- MSc Computing (by Research): Autonomous Vehicle Systems– provides a fixed amount of £7,650 towards tuition fees
- MSc Computing (by Research): Deep Learning Decision Understanding and Visualisation – Scholarship covering full tuition fees (Home or International) and including a fixed monthly stipend
- Coase Scholarships (Economics) – £10,000 off tuition fees
- PPE Bursary (Philosophy, Politics and Economics) – a £12,888 means-based bursary
- The Paul E H Davis Awards (Postgraduate English / History / Biography) – reduced fees on MA English Literature or Research English, History or Biography
- Scholarships for law students – UK and international scholarships for LLB and LLM
Further funded scholarships and bursaries may be awarded across all schools of study (excluding Medicine), and represent a partial remission from tuition fees. Awards range from £500 – £2,500 and will be conditional upon satisfactory progress at each stage of study.
Funded scholarships are in recognition of academic achievement and applications are invited from those with a strong academic background and who are predicted to do well in their examinations. Bursaries are means-tested and are intended for those who need a contribution towards their fees in order to study at Buckingham. Please select scholarship or bursary on your application.
The scholarships and bursaries are thanks to the donations received from supporters of the University, including The Audrey Osborn Trust, The Headley Trust, Garfield Weston Foundation, Brunner Family Trust, RM and D Gregory, The Eranda Foundation and The John Desborough Memorial Bequest.
There are also external funding options you can explore.
How to apply
In most cases you do not need to apply for scholarships and bursaries, but are awarded them automatically based on household income and/or academic merit.
If you think you may be eligible for one of the funded/course specific scholarships you can register your interest using the form below. Your application will be forwarded to the relevant Admissions Officer for consideration and you will be advised of the outcome as soon as possible after the relevant closing date.