Buckingham was the first UK university to condense the academic content of a standard 3-year degree into a 2-year programme, running over four terms per year. By offering 36 teaching weeks per year, we can fit in the same amount of teaching in two years as other universities spread across three.
You can complete your degree and earn a year’s salary in the time it would take you to study for the same undergraduate degree at a state-subsidised university. Or you could follow it with a Masters degree and be better qualified at the end of the three years than other graduates.
Features of the 2-year degree
- An intensive, fast track degree offering as much academic content in two years as other universities offer in three.
- Flexible entry points – many of our degrees start in January, July & September each year.
- Allows you to start working and earning one year earlier.
- The best ratio of teaching staff to students of any UK university means we can guarantee small class sizes
- You make full use of the whole year, including the long summer holiday period of other universities, which is better preparation for the world of work.
- Flexible start dates.
- Teaching is generally provided over 2 semesters (2 terms a semester) of 20 weeks.
- Your degree will comprise a full 360 credit units, just like other Bachelors degrees.
Value for money
Our full honours degree in two years means that we can be competitive in price with other universities. Fees and maintenance costs are incurred for only two years instead of three elsewhere. Taking into account the year’s saving on living costs afforded by the 2-year programme, the total cost of a 2-year degree can be very competitive compared to 3-year degrees at other universities. See our fee illustration for more details.
We believe Buckingham offers excellent value for money. Not only do we offer a high quality of education, but the overall cost of a degree here is competitive with other universities – and you have the chance to start earning a year earlier as well.