In the news – 23 February 2016
25 February 2016
Professor Anthony Glees was interviewed about:
- Apple’s refusal to let the FBI access the iPhone of one of the San Bernardino jihadists on Sky TV News and BBC Three Counties Radio
- EU security and the referendum in the UK on Swiss National Radio
- the Home Secretary’s speech in Washington DC on common intelligence and security strategies on LBC
- the Brexit question on German National Radio
- the Home Secretary’s Washington speech on the Jon Gaunt Programme on Talk 2 Me Radio
- the EU, Britain’s prosperity and security on BBC Three Counties Radio
Professor Glees was the opening keynote speaker at the 20th Karlsruhe Dialogues conference on the future of Europe: https://www.zak.kit.edu/english/4748.php.
He was a featured guest on Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s Overnight‘s half-hour phone in on intelligence and security, taking a variety of calls from all over Australia.
Dr Julian Richards appeared on LBC Radio on 22 February, arguing that the comments by Iain Duncan-Smith and others to the effect that staying in the EU increased security threats, were spurious and alarmist messages that muddied the waters of the Brexit debate.