This well-known, popular, action packed one-day training course is aimed at providing teachers with an essential tool kit to be able to deliver effective and safe PE and Games lessons when they themselves are not PE teachers. It is aimed at teachers who have found that they are teaching Games or supervising a Games activity, e.g. looking after a hockey team, when their specialism is not Sport. It is suitable for both secondary and primary staff, as well as Sports graduates who have no teacher training.
The focus of training will include guidance on:
- Basic teaching principles of games activities
- Health & Safety
- Lesson planning
- Organisation formats and running small competitions
- Understanding physical literacy
- Planning lessons to incorporate health-related fitness and promote an understanding of well-being
- Group management and use of space
The course is NOT for those doing the PGCE in Physical Education, who will be covering these topics during their course.
Location: Winchester House School, Brackley
Apply by 20 July to: firstname.lastname@example.org