Catherine Damon is Senior Lecturer and Programme Director for the English Language Studies Programmes.
Catherine’s teaching career started in the creative arts in schools and colleges working with all age groups in the UK and abroad. She took up her lectureship at Buckingham in 2002 working across the English, Business, and International Studies departments, teaching on the English Language Foundation programme, the International Foundation Programme (IFP), and on a variety of English language modules. She also specialised in one-to-one support for undergraduate and postgraduate students. From 2013 to 2015 she was on secondment in the newly formed Foundation and Academic Skills Department (FaAS), as Programme Director for the English Language Foundation Programmes and on university-wide in-sessional programmes. Upon her return to the English Department, she has focussed on developing the teaching modules such as TEFL Skills, TEFL Methods, Teaching Young Learner and Teaching English for Academic Purposes. She also teaches across the whole range of modules offered on the English Studies Programmes.
Catherine sits on the boards of the Humanities Learning and Teaching Committee, Diversity and Inclusion, Senate and is Chair of REF21 Audit Group.
As Programme Director, Catherine is committed to developing student academic and welfare support and enhancing student experience. She hopes one day to resume her PhD studies.
- BA, Fine Art, Chelsea School of Art
- MA, Education, University of Sheffield
- CELTA, FAETC
- Wide-ranging across aspects of composition, discourse, rhetoric, language change, teaching skills development.
- EAP, EFL and ESOL
- Art and Design
- Assessment and feedback
- Knowledge through networks
- Learner Identities/Professional Identities
- Practising artist: exhibitions in Europe and Australia
- MK Theatre reviewer for uktheatre.net
- Facilitator of Life drawing classes for practising artists
- Tel: +44 (0)1280 820561
- E-mail: email@example.com