VP Activities Officer
I was born in Johannesburg, South Africa but moved to Kenya when I was 10 years old, so all of my teen years were spent in Nairobi and those were some of the best years of my life so far! I moved to Buckingham in September 2017 to do my undergraduate degree, and I have just finished my Psychology degree in December 2019. But Buckingham couldn’t get rid of me just yet, and I have stayed on to work for the SU which I am so excited and grateful for.
My Role as VP-Activities
- Support the development of the Societies and Clubs that we have, as well as support students who are looking to create a new Society.
- Oversee Society and Club events and activities.
- Advocate for Clubs and Societies in the Union, University and wider community settings.
- Drive Union activity and content.
- Build external relations to improve the student experience.
- Create a culture on campus where charitable work and volunteering forms a core part of Student Clubs and Society activity
- Improve student engagement with Clubs and Societies
- Increase the general well-being of students on campus
- Renovate the Verney Cellars
- Increase SU presence within the Med School and at Verney Park