‘Name that Swan’ Competition Terms & Conditions
- The promoter is: The University of Buckingham.
- The competition is open to current students, graduate, alumni, friends and residents of the University of Buckingham aged 18 years or over.
- All individuals who have purchased one Swan Ball ticket and have given a name for the Swan will be entered into the prize draw.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter can be found on www.buckingham.ac.uk/event/swan-ball-2019
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be 20th March 2019. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- Purchase a ticket for the Swan Ball via www.buckingham.ac.uk/event/swan-ball-2019 and offer a name suggestion when completing the ticket form to be automatically be entered into a prize draw to win a free extra ticket for your friend.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
The prize is as follows:
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable or refundable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
How the winner will be chosen:
- Shortlisted to 4 names by the Promoter.
- Final 4 names will then be shared on social media and a final winner will be decided as a result of a popular vote conducted via social media sites as measured and recorded and verified by Promoter.
- The winner will be notified by email within 48 hours of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 24 hours of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.