This part-time, Master’s level programme is designed for healthcare professionals involved in medical education and training. There are growing expectations that those with educational roles and responsibilities should engage in professional development activity to enable them to model and uphold the highest standards.
This programme provides a sound foundation for clinicians and clinical academics who support undergraduate medical students and/or postgraduate trainees’ learning in Higher and Professional Education settings, including the clinical workplace.
The programme has been designed in collaboration with clinicians, for clinicians. As a result, the structure of the programme allows students flexibility over module choice, minimising the potential for service disruption and allowing students to develop areas of expertise relevant to their role responsibilities.
This programme aims to produce graduates who:
- create welcoming, safe and purposeful learning environments
- design and deliver engaging and effective teaching, learning and assessment activities
- have purposeful, developmental conversations with learners that support their personal and professional career development
- have a sound grasp of key educational theories and concepts, drawing on these to develop and critique their own and others’ educational practice
- adopt a critically reflective and reflexive approach to medical education and training
- Medical Education: Principles and Practice
- Approaches to Clinical Teaching and Effective Supervision; or
- Learning in Clinical Teams: Simulation and Work-based Learning
How To Apply
If you’re considering applying to the course we encourage you to contact us if you can, either before or after making your application.
We welcome applications directly via our online application form which can be accessed from the Apply button at the top of this page. Apply by 31 July 2020 for September 2020 start.