In the news – 10 November 201510 November 2015
Professor Anthony Glees was quoted in these articles:
- ‘Sharm el-Sheikh: Philip Hammond says security measures must be improved’, The Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/egypt/11982604/Sharm-el-Sheikh-Philip-Hammond-says-security-measures-must-be-improved.html
- ‘UK holiday families now prime terror targets: Bomb threats end winter breaks for tourists’, Daily Star: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/474565/UK-holiday-families-prime-terror-targets-bomb-threats-end-winter-breaks
- ‘To MI5 with love’, The Economist: http://www.economist.com/news/britain/21677611-new-surveillance-bill-extends-powers-spies-mi5-love
- Interview in Spanish: ‘Who could plant a bomb in the Russian plane?’, La Razón: http://www.larazon.es/internacional/quien-pudo-colocar-una-bomba-en-el-avion-ruso-CC11132707#.Ttt1pjMuBEZZpeP
Professor Glees was interviewed about:
- The new Interception Bill by BBC Scotland, BBC Wales, BBC West Midlands, Sky TV News and by Victoria Derbyshire on her BBC TV programme.
- The Sharm el Sheikh crisis by BBC TV News Channel, BBC Radio Five Live, LBC, BBC Oxford and BBC Three Counties.
- The impact of the Syrian crisis on the refugee crisis by Austrian National Radio.
- International security by BBC Radio Five Live (on the Pienaar Politics Show).
An extended interview with Professor Glees was aired on German National TV (ZDF) on 10 November.