We have a subscription to a new database called Statista. It has access to :
- More than 1,000,000 statistics focusing on industries, markets, consumers, trends and insights – all downloadable in all popular formats, including PowerPoint, Excel, PDF and PNG
- Over 18,000 reliable public, private and scientific sources
- Data on 80,000+ topics emphasising North America, Continental Europe, the United Kingdom and China
- More than 20,000 Studies, over 2,000 Dossiers and all major Industry Reports
- Detailed statistical forecasts on more than 400 different industries from 40 advanced economies and developing countries
Paul E. H. Davis Room at Hunter Street Library
On 12 June 2014 a new archive was opened at the Hunter Street Library and officially named The Paul E. H. Davis Room in honour of University of Buckingham graduate and Honorary Research Fellow, Dr Paul Davis, who has been a driving force for the collection. More information about Dr Davis can be found here.
The room contains rare and academically significant materials relating to 19th-century literature, particularly Victorian journalism, and is open by appointment to students, staff and the public between 09:00 and 17:00 on weekdays.
To arrange a visit please contact the Assistant Librarian, Peta Yates, on +44 (0)1280 820 106, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search skills drop-in sessions
Do you want to search online library information that is relevant to your course or research more effectively? Do you want to know more about searching online journals, databases, other resources and our catalogue?
The Library will be running search skills drop-in sessions at the IT training room at Hunter Street Library later in the term.
You can test yourself on the LexisLibrary database and gain a Certificate that proves you have reached a level of competence in online research – see the Lexis Online Research Certificate Scheme.
Westlaw UK Basic Certification
Westlaw UK Advanced Certification
Currently Westlaw Certificates can only be taken in CR7. Access from all student computers will be added soon.