1st in uk for teaching excellence


Everything you need to know


Will I have to pay the same tuition fees as international students?

We’re keeping our EU, EEA and Swiss fees the same as UK fees for all new students coming to The University of Buckingham until January 2022! This means, that unlike many other universities, you won’t be paying the higher international fees as decided by the UK Government after Brexit.

Will I need a visa to study in the UK?

If you arrive in the UK before 1 January 2021, you will not need a visa. However, you will need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. It is free and easy to do. You should apply as soon as possible after you’ve arrived in the UK.
If you arrive in the UK from 1 January 2021, you will need to a visa to enter the UK.

Where can I find more information on how to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme?

You can find more information here.

Is the EU Settlement Scheme open to citizens of Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland?

Yes, the scheme is also open to resident citizens of European Economic Area (EEA) countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway), of Switzerland, and their family members.

Should I apply for the EU Settlement Scheme even if I am not sure I will be staying in the UK after the transition period?

We recommend you apply to avoid any problems. It is free and easy to do.

When is the deadline to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme?

The deadline to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme is 30 June 2021. To be eligible you must be living in the UK before 1 January 2021.

Can I have access to healthcare in the UK?

Guidance on the impact of Brexit on access to healthcare

Will I be able to stay and work in the UK after my studies?

If you arrive in the UK before 1 January 2021, you will be able to apply for pre-settled status, and once you have been in the UK for 5 years, you can apply for settled status. Both the pre-settled and settled status give you the right to live and work in the UK.
From January 2021, we don’t know exactly what the process will be.
The UK Government has confirmed that a new graduate immigration route will be available to international students who have completed a degree in the UK from summer 2021. You’ll be able to work, or look for work, in the UK at any skill level for up to 2 years, or 3 years if you are a PhD graduate.

Will my degree still be recognised in the EU?

UK degrees are recognised in many countries around the world, and there are a number of agreements between different countries that support this. Some of these are not related to the European Union, which means that after the UK leaves the EU, most academic qualifications will still be recognised.
Recognition of professional qualifications is more complicated, but UK universities are hoping that mutual recognition of professional qualifications will continue in most cases. You should be able to find out if your chosen subject is academic or professional online.