Tel: +44 (0)1280 828211
Before joining the University of Buckingham, he was an Assistant Professor at the Department of Mathematics at Aarhus University. From November 2013 till the end of January 2015, he was a Junior Visitor at Centro di Ricerca Matematica Ennio De Giorgi (Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa). Before that, shortly after obtaining his PhD under the supervision of Professor Andrew Swann, he spent two years at King’s College London, working with Professor Simon Salamon.
Dr Madsen’s current research interests are in the area of differential geometry and mathematical physics. He particularly enjoys analysing and finding explicit solutions to partial differential equations that arise in a geometric context (e.g., Einstein’s equations), using symmetry techniques.
If you are a student interested in pursuing a project with Dr Madsen, please feel free to contact him.
- “Toric geometry of G2-manifolds”, by T. B. Madsen and A. Swann, Geometry & Topology (to appear).
- “Quaternionic geometry in dimension eight”, by D. Conti, T. B.Madsen and S. Salamon. Oxford University Press. Geometry and Physics: Volume 1: A Festschrift in honour of Nigel Hitchin (2018), 91–113.
- “Instantons and special geometry”, by J. D. Lotay and T. B.Madsen. Springer-INdAM Series Vol. 23, “SpecialMetrics and Group Actions in Geometry” (2017), 241–267. “Invariant torsion and G2-metrics”, by D. Conti and T. B.Madsen, Complex Manifolds Volume 2 (2015), 140–167.
- “Harmonic structures and intrinsic torsion”, by D. Conti and T. B.Madsen, Transformation Groups Volume 20, Issue 3 (2015), 699–723.
- “The odd side of torsion geometry”, by Diego Conti and T. B.Madsen, Ann.Mat. Pura Appl. Volume 193, Issue 4 (2014), 1041–1067.
- “Half-flat structures on S3 £S3”, by T. B.Madsen and S. Salamon, Ann. Global Anal. Geom. Volume 44, Issue 4 (2013), 369–390.
- “Closed forms and multi-moment maps”, by T. B.Madsen and A. Swann, Geom. Dedicata, Volume 165, Issue 1 (2013), 25–52.
- “Multi-moment maps”, by T. B.Madsen and A. Swann, Adv.Math. Volume 229, Issue 4 (2012), 2287–2309.
- “Spin(7)-manifolds with three-torus symmetry”, by T. B.Madsen, J. Geom. Phys. Volume 61, Issue 11 (2011), 2285–2292.
- “Homogeneous spaces,multi-moment maps and (2,3)-trivial algebras”, by T. B.Madsen and A. Swann, AIP Conference Proceedings 1360 (2011), 51–62.
- “Invariant strong KT geometry on four-dimensional solvable Lie groups”, by T. B. Madsen and A. Swann. Lie Theory Volume 21, no. 1 (2011), 55–70.