Tuan T. Nguyen has a PhD in Computer Science from the University of Nottingham, an MSc in Computer Science from the University of the West of England, and a BSc in Information Technology from the University of Science, Vietnam. Prior to join the Department of Applied Computing as a Lecturer, Tuan was a Research Fellow, Teaching Assistant and UG & PG supervisor at the School of Computer Science, University of Nottingham. During that time, he was involved in a numbers of projects including iBit, iPlant UK and Root hydrotropism. He also had several years working in the software industry before returning to academia.
His research interests include Computer Vision, Image Processing & Analysis and Machine Learning.
Tel: +44 (0)1280 828286
Publications and conference papers
● Daniela Dietrich, Lei Pang, Akie Kobayashi, John Fozard, Veronique Boudolf, Rahul Bhosale, Regina Antoni Alandes, Tuan Nguyen, Sotaro Hiratsuka, Nobuharu Fujii, Yutaka Miyazawa, Tae-Woong Bae, Darren Wells, Markus Owen, Leah Band, Rosemary Dyson, Oliver Jensen, John King, Saoise Tracy, Craig Sturrock, Sacha Mooney, Jeremy Roberts, Rishikesh Bhalerao, José Dinneny, Pedro Rodriguez, Akira Nagatani, Yoichiroh Hosokawa, Tobias Baskin, Tony Pridmore, Lieven De Veylder, Hideyuki Takahashi, and Malcolm Bennett, “Root hydrotropism is controlled via a cortex-specific growth mechanism”, Nature, 2017 (IF: 38.138)
● Sang Nguyen, Tuan Nguyen, “An Enhanced Web Document Search Engine using a Semantic Network”, REV Journal on Electronics and Communications 14.8 (2016)
● Peter Blanchfield, Peter La Valle, Tuan Nguyen, Matthew Bradley, Dan Liu, “Aspects of Development of Computer Games for Therapeutic Purposes”, Creativity In Intelligent Technologies & Data Science (CIT&DS), Moscow, 2015
● Tuan Nguyen, Tony Pridmore, “Adaptive tracking via multiple appearance models and multiple linear searches”, International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications (VISAPP) 2015, Berlin
● Tuan Nguyen, Tony Pridmore, “Adaptive tracking via multiple appearance models and multiple linear searches”, British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC) Workshop 2014, Nottingham
● Tuan Nguyen, Tony Pridmore, “Tracking Using Multiple Linear Searches And Motion Direction Sampling”, 22nd International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), Stockholm, 2014.
● Tuan Nguyen, “Learning object oriented concepts by using intelligent tutoring systems”, ISSAT International Conference on Modeling of Complex Systems and Environments, International Society of Science and Applied Technologies (ISSAT) 2007, in co-operation with IEEE Reliability Society.