Everything you need to know about Clearing
What is Clearing?
If your results aren’t what you expected or you’ve had a change of heart, Clearing is the perfect way to find a place at university. You may be feeling slightly stressed, but there’s no need to panic if things haven’t gone entirely to plan. There will be many fantastic courses available with space, just waiting to be filled by someone like you!
Here at the University of Buckingham – we’ve got you covered. Our admissions team are ready to guide you through the process, take the stress away and match you to your perfect course.
Am I eligible for Clearing?
There are a few reasons why you may be looking to enter Clearing. No matter what situation you find yourself in, Clearing can be the start of an exciting new path. If any of the following match your circumstances, you’ll be eligible to apply:
- You have not made the grades needed for your conditional offer
- You didn’t receive offers from any universities to which you applied
- You have changed your mind and would like to look at alternative courses
- You haven’t made an application to UCAS before June 30th
What if I’m an International student?
Clearing can be accessed by international students who find themselves in the same situations as our UK applicants. We actively welcome applications from around the world and would love to hear from you.
Please get in touch with the university directly and have the following available to enable the team to help you as quickly as possible:
- Your UCAS Clearing number if applicable
- Your academic qualifications and results
- Any English proficiency test results
What if I’m a mature student?
If you’re a mature student (over 21), clearing could be the perfect chance to find a course that interests you and start a new adventure. You may be looking to re-train or completely change your career path – either way, the team at the University of Buckingham would love to welcome you and discuss an offer based on any previous qualifications or experience.
What are my other options?
If you aren’t sure whether you’re ready for an undergraduate degree yet and would like to explore alternative options, one of our foundation courses could be just the thing you’re looking for. As these are just 1 year in length, you’ll have the ability to move onto one of our 2 year degrees and complete your studies in 3 years – meaning you won’t be left behind.
Now that we’ve explained the process in a little more detail, take a look at our step by step Clearing timeline, listing key dates to remember.
- 5th July : Clearing opens – If you didn’t get your applications in before June 30th, are a mature student or haven’t received any offers; get in touch. We’ll go through all of your options and will potentially be able to offer you a place at the University of Buckingham.
- 6th August : SQA results day – If your results are not as good as you’d hoped, check your UCAS Track account to determine the status of any offers. If you have been entered into Clearing, take a look at our available courses and contact us – we’ll help you navigate your options and discuss potential offers.
- 14th August : Course vacancies released – If you’re still waiting for your results, get a head start and look online at our courses with spaces still available. It’s worthwhile doing this so you’re fully prepared should your plans change upon receiving your A-Level results.
- 15th August : A-Level results day – Take a look at your UCAS Track account to check if your conditional offer has been granted. If it hasn’t, you will automatically be entered into Clearing. If your grades haven’t met your conditional offer, don’t panic! Contact us at the University of Buckingham and we’ll help you find a space.
- 15th August : UCAS Adjustment opens – Done better than expected and would like to explore courses you may not have originally considered? The Adjustment process allows you to do this. Take a look at our Adjustment section for more information.
- 31st August : UCAS Adjustment closes – If you’d like to take advantage of the Adjustment process, this is the last day you’ll get the chance. Give us a call if you’d like more information on any courses that interest you.
- 20th September : Deadline for 2019 Clearing applications – If you haven’t been in touch yet, this is your last chance! Pick up the phone and speak to one of our team. There may well be a place waiting just for you on your dream course.
- 22nd October : Last day to add Clearing choice to UCAS – You’re only allowed to enter one Clearing choice on your UCAS account – make it a good one and enter the unique application code we gave you along with your offer. Once this is done, you’ll officially accept your place and become part of the University of Buckingham family.