Wireless Network Group
Research focus in “Wireless Networking” includes the convergence and integration / implementation of wireless technologies / standards, performance of wireless mesh technologies, intrusion detection and prevention, efficiency and stability of ad hoc networks.
Professor: Ihsan Lami
Department: Applied Computing
Summary of current research projects using the OPNET Simulator
2. Crowd Control: this research focuses on using Smartphone wireless technologies and sensors to predict and control crowds such as in football matches.
3. Cognitive Radio media access strategies: this research devise access mechanisms based on game theory.
4. Disaster Adhoc network: this project focuses on establishing and maintaining “Wi-Fi and Bluetooth” crises management networks. All WiFi and Bluetooth devices will have the ability to organise themselves efficiently and intelligently in terms of data throughput and power consumption as well as ensuring continuous data communication.
5. Indoor Localisation: This research investigates solutions that use WiFi AP to locate people and items indoors (eg. a hospital).
6. Prime Adhoc Route: this research uses the Prime-IP algorithm to further investigate “neighbouring nodes quality and / intelligence”. Also, it expands on the “prime numbering knowledge” to conclude if it can be used for the encryption of the actual data after the route discovery has been established, or location information can be extrapolated and passed on to all the nodes.