Santander Research Scholarships 2017
There are a number of scholarships available for Humanities academic staff to undertake research in one of our partners within the Santander Universities network, either in the UK or overseas:
- America: Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Uruguay and USA
- Europe: Spain, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, Russia and Poland
- Rest of the world: Qatar, United Arab Emirates, China, Singapore and Ghana
What is the value of the Awards?
Each award is worth up to a maximum of £2,500. The funding will only cover accommodation and transport costs, as well as living expenses. We also welcome applications for funding for costs related to the organisation of conferences, seminars or other research work payments.
Criteria for applicants
The funding is intended to be used at a partner institution within the Santander network.
Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- The potential for published research.
- The potential for collaboration with another university or institution.
- Priority will be giving to new applicants: applications may be rejected if the grant has been awarded to the same candidate in the previous year.
How to apply
All available funding for 2017 has now be allocated and therefore no more applications will be accepted.