Bursaries and Scholarships
We welcome students – both undergraduates and postgraduates – at Buckingham regardless of their financial circumstances. The bursaries and scholarships we offer are awarded on location, merit or on financial need. You are normally only eligible for one award.
- Five Counties Scholarship £2,000 per year discount on Tuition Fees for students living in the local region (subject to change for Sep 2019 and Jan 2020 entries)
- High Achiever Scholarship £2,000 per year, with AAB or equivalent A-level results
- The Buckingham Bursary £1,100 per year linked to household income
- Postgraduate First-Class Scholarship 33% discount for graduates with a First Class Honours degree
- Postgraduate discount 25% discount for Buckingham graduates with a 2:1 degree
- The Ondaatje Scholarship
- GREAT Scholarships 2019 – China
The following scholarships have specific entry criteria and/or deadlines:
- Business School Scholarship for September 2018 (Business School)
- The Kingham Scholarship (Business Enterprise)
- International Entrepreneur Scholarship (Business Enterprise)
- The Paul E H Davis Awards (Postgraduate English / History / Biography)
- MA in the Art Market and the History of Collecting – P. & D. Colnaghi & Co. Ltd and Tavolozza Foundation Scholarships
- Santander Universities
- Santander Mobility Awards (available to University of Buckingham Humanities graduate students only)
Further funded scholarships and bursaries are awarded annually across all schools of study (excluding Medicine), and represent a partial remission from tuition fees. Awards range from £500 – £2,500 and will be conditional upon satisfactory progress at each stage of study. We are unable to offer any assistance towards living expenses (with the exception of the Coase Scholarships).
Funded scholarships are in recognition of academic achievement and applications are invited from those with a strong academic background and who are predicted to do well in their examinations. Bursaries are means-tested and are intended for those who need a contribution towards their fees in order to study at Buckingham. Please select Scholarship or Bursary on your application.
The scholarships and bursaries are thanks to the donations received from supporters of the University, including The Audrey Osborn Trust, The Headley Trust, Garfield Weston Foundation, Brunner Family Trust, RM and D Gregory, The Eranda Foundation and The John Desborough Memorial Bequest.
How to apply
Please apply for a bursary or scholarship now using the form below. Your application will be forwarded to the relevant School Admissions Team for consideration and you will be advised of the outcome as soon as possible after the closing date.