Joining Instructions: Transport and Arrival
Students arriving by their own transport
Registration is at our Chandos Road Building: see campus map.
Students arriving by air/train
Additional information can be found via National Rail Enquiries.
Students arriving at London Heathrow – travel by train
- Make your way to Euston Railway Station for a train to Milton Keynes, the nearest railway station to the University. The journey takes about fifty minutes. London Transport underground trains leave from Heathrow Airport every 9 minutes on the Piccadilly Line [maps of the underground system are displayed prominently at the station], changing at Green Park onto the Victoria Line to Euston. At Euston follow the signs for Euston Railway Station. Take a ‘London Midland’ or ‘Virgin’ train to Milton Keynes.
Students arriving at London Gatwick – travel by train
- Make your way to Euston Railway Station for a train to Milton Keynes, the nearest train station to the University. You will need to make your way from Gatwick to London Victoria by train. Trains leave from Gatwick approximately every 30 minutes. From London Victoria take the London Transport Underground train to Euston via the Victoria Line. At Euston, follow the signs for Euston Railway Station. Take a ‘London Midland’ or ‘Virgin’ train to Milton Keynes.
- Taxis from Milton Keynes to Buckingham cost between £15 to £25 or the X5 Bus service runs every 30 minutes (see below).
Students arriving at London Heathrow or Gatwick – travel by coach
- National Express Coaches [Telephone No: +44 (0)8717 818181; website] operate a regular service from London Heathrow (fare approx £24) and London Gatwick (fare approx £29) to Oxford.
Students travelling from Oxford to Buckingham
- The Stagecoach X5 bus service (Oxford to Cambridge) runs every 30 minutes during the day, Monday to Saturday, and hourly on Sunday. This service is available from Gloucester Green Bus Station in Oxford. The X5 service runs to Cambridge, and stops in Buckingham (town centre).
Students travelling from Milton Keynes to Buckingham
- The Stagecoach X5 bus service (Cambridge to Oxford) runs every 30 minutes during the day, Monday to Saturday, and hourly on Sunday . This service is available from Cambridge,stopping at MK Coachway (Bay 1), Central MK (Stop H4), MK Rail Station (Bay 36) and then Buckingham (town centre).
From London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Luton, Stansted and Birmingham International to Buckingham.
If you would prefer to travel by taxi from the airport to Buckingham, below are details of a local firm offering competitive fares which compare very favourably with the prices airport taxis would charge:
Carlton Car Service
Unit 1, The Stocks
Tel: + 44 (0)1908 307030
- Birmingham Int’l – £76
- London Gatwick – £110
- London Heathrow Terminals 1,2,3 – £80
- London Heathrow Terminals 4,5 – £85
- London Luton – £50
- London Stansted – £90
Please note: the above prices are subject to change, depending on fluctuating fuel costs.
A nominal car park charge may be incurred when meeting flights. Also, if you are held up, [immigration etc] be prepared to be charged extra for this. You should agree the price with Carlton Car Service.
If you wish to take advantage of this service please complete the airport collection service form and send it to the company at least 7 days before your journey, preferably with a bankers draft to cover cost. It might also help if you could advise how much luggage you will have. If you use this company, the driver will display a ‘University of Buckingham’ board.
Students arriving by coach
- National Express Coaches (Tel: +44 (0)8717 818181) operate a regular service to Oxford (Gloucester Green) and Milton Keynes (Coachway).
- See above for travel from Oxford and Milton Keynes to Buckingham
- Taxis from Milton Keynes to Buckingham and cost between £15 to £25.