MK Dons Football Club
The University became the first official Club Partner of MK Dons Football Club in August 2016. It also presented Chairman of MK Dons, Pete Winkelman with an Honorary Doctor of Science at Graduation 2017.
Buckingham students benefit from the partnership in a variety of ways.
- Free tickets: students are eligible to enter a free draw to win two Club Red tickets to MK Dons home matches throughout the football season.
- Work experience: part-time paid and volunteer opportunities at the MK Dons stadium, including marshalling, hospitality work, hosting corporate parties etc.
- Intern placements in MK Dons Media & Communication Department which provide a real-life Media experience. This includes:
- Half-time challenge (every home game)
- Post-match interviews
- Live streaming
- Alternative angles (goal scoring)
- Goal of the season contenders (Player of the Year Awards)
- Taught and research opportunities: these link directly to teaching and learning outcomes in the University’s Medical School, Psychology Department and Business School.
- Support Buckingham Big Day and host the Business Reception in the build-up to the game.
- We are currently organising a postgrad day at the stadium where our students will learn about the financial side of football and the way a football club is run, which will be hosted by staff from the Football Club.
- We are also working with the Sport and Education Trust, MK Dons SET, to create an experience day at the University for their BTEC students currently studying at the SET Hub in Leon School MK.