The University is proud to partner with the following local organisations:
The University became the first official Club Partner of MK Dons Football Club in August 2016. It also presented Chairman of MK Dons, Pete Winkelman with an Honorary Doctor of Science at Graduation 2017.
Buckingham students benefit from the partnership in a variety of ways.
- Free tickets: students are eligible to enter a free draw to win two Club Red tickets to MK Dons home matches throughout the football season.
- Work experience: part-time paid and volunteer opportunities at the MK Dons stadium, including marshalling, hospitality work, hosting corporate parties etc.
- Intern placements in MK Dons Media & Communication Department which provide a real-life Media experience. This includes:
- Half-time challenge (every home game)
- Post-match interviews
- Live streaming
- Alternative angles (goal scoring)
- Goal of the season contenders (Player of the Year Awards)
- Taught and research opportunities: these link directly to teaching and learning outcomes in the University’s Medical School, Psychology Department and Business School.
- Support Buckingham Big Day and host the Business Reception in the build up to the game.
- We are currently organising a postgrad day at the stadium where our students will learn about the financial side of football and the way a football club is run, which will be hosted by staff from the Football Club.
- We are also working with the Sport and Education Trust, MK Dons SET, to create an experience day at the University for their BTEC students currently studying at the SET Hub in Leon School MK.
As part of the University of Buckingham’s ongoing partnership with MK Lightning, our students are offered opportunities of valuable paid work experience within the club, such as a season-long Media Co-ordinator placements.
The placement benefits our students by providing them with the opportunity to gain real-world experience which they can utilise when they graduate to secure a future post. Our Partner benefits by having enthusiastic students as a resource to support core operations.
- We engage with their business club network
- We have a student, Graduate after today, who is doing some marketing work for them.
- 4 of the Lightning players are studying a Masters with us whilst they play.
Students (and staff) are also eligible to enter a free draw to win tickets to MK Lightning home matches throughout the season.
The University of Buckingham is a proud Partner of MKFM, Milton Keynes’ local radio station.
MKFM has a coverage area of over 2.2 million people via DAB, FM and online. The station is popular with listeners of all ages across Milton Keynes and our regular interviews on air enable us to raise awareness of the great work we are doing with the local community.
We work in conjunction with MKFM to share news, campaigns, events and competitions to encourage engagement with prospective students and the wider community.
- Sally, Natalie and Livia talk about the upcoming open day and the Education scholarship (8 March 2018)
- Kristian & Cathy talk about their Masters in Entrepreneurial Consultancy and Practice (3 January 2018)
- Beth, Jason and Matt talk about Degrees for January, Cmi_Managers & CIM_Exchange course (20 December 2017)
- James talks about Scholarships (7 December 2017)
- James talks about part-time law courses (27 November 2017)
- Debbie, Beth & Emily talk about the different courses available (8 November 2017)
- Dr Maša Popovac from the Psychology Department talks about her research in the area of cyberbullying, cyberaggression and other online risks (24 October 2017)